Don’t lose customers to your competition because of bad data!
Your business listings are your small piece of the internet that you can control. You’ve updated your listing information and corrected your listings. Is that it? Are you all done worrying about your listings? Not quite. Unfortunately, sometimes the listing information changes back, or new incorrect listings get created. Your business listings needs managing. Don’t have time? Not sure how? Don’t want to? Power Metrics Marketing can manage your listings and keep the information accurate. They’ll distribute your business information to the four major data providers (Neustar/Localeze, Acxiom, Factual and Infogroup). From here, your business listing information gets pushed out to listing sites.
Did you know there are different types of listing sites? There are search engines, directories, review sites and social sites. Not all sites are applicable to every business. Some might be more relevant to your business, that you might want to pay closer attention to. On these sites especially, you will want to make sure you have current photos of your business. You will also want updated photos of your products and/or services. If your holiday hours differ from your normal hours of operation, you will want to update these hours too.
Let’s go over some of the different listings sites that apply to specific business types. If your business type is:
- Care (Senior, Child, Special Needs, Pet): Caring.com
- Auto Dealers: Cars.com, Edmunds.com
- Home Remodeling, Interior Decorating, Home Improvement, Home Design, Landscaping, Architecture: Houzz.com
- Lawyers & Legal Services: Avvo.com
- Physicians, Healthcare Professionals: HealthGrades.com, RateMDs.com, Vitals.com, Zocdoc.com, Doctor.com, Medicare.gov
- Restaurants: OpenTable.com (reservations), TripAdvisor.com, Yelp.com, Zomato.com
- Travel Industry (Hotels, Airlines, Restaurants, Attractions): TripAdvisor.com, WhereTo.com
- Business Directories: 411.com, BestLocalSearch.com, BetterBusinessBureau.com, Brownbook.com, CentralIndex.com, Chamberofcommerce.com, CitySquares.com, Cylex.us.com, Dexknows.com, eLocal.com, GoogleMyBusiness.com, Hotfrog.com, Local.com, Mapquest.com, USCity.net, Yellowbook.com
- Business Directories with Reviews and Promotions: 8Coupons.com, Citysearch.com, JudysBook.com, Localstack.com, Manta.com, MerchantCircle.com, Tupalo.com, Yelp.com,
- Job Listings: Glassdoor.com and indeed.com
- Maps/GPS: Bing, Google, MapQuest
- Social Sites: Facebook, Four Square, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
Okay, now you’re all set. Great Job! Your business will definitely be able to find in an online search.
For a more complete list of listing sites, click here.